Some articles on SarahBethBlogs.co.uk may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click those links and register or make a purchase, I might receive a commission, at no extra cost to you. For further information on this, please visit my disclosure policy at the top of the page. Thank you so much for your support.
Monthly goals for July
I’m not new to setting goals, I understand the benefits and how they can increase your chances significantly of you achieving your life’s hopes and dreams.
What I’ve not managed to master just yet is a good system of setting goals and actually achieving them.
I’ll be writing more posts on the methods I’ve tried. Trust me I’ve tried quite a few. However, I just don’t seem to be able to stick to one system.
So for the purposes of this post, I’m going to write the goals I’ve set out to achieve this month. Which is more of just a to-do list and as we are already part way through the month won’t go into to much finer detail.
I’m also currently reading the book “The Most Powerful Goal Achievement System in the World: The Hidden Secrets to Getting Everything You Want” by Mike Pettigrew.
Quite a bold and long title that caught my eye while I was flicking through the Kindle Unlimited library which I’m trialling free for 3 months. Not only was I drawn to the book because the author is called Pettigrew, which instantly reminded me of Harry Potter, but I thought if you are going to give your book such a bold name, I’ve got to see what it’s all about!
So I’m crossing everything in the hope that in a month ill have finally found a system that clicks into place and I take too without too much faffing. I’ll let you know in my monthly book review.
So, back to the task at hand, monthly goals for July
Business – Monthly Goals for July
- Launch my blog, with 10 live posts, and a strategy for posting to social media.
- Get listed eBay items up to 50.
- Work on my scheduled blog posts, ideally having a month’s worth scheduled in daft at the very least.
- Film the minimum of 1 video a week, edit and upload.
- Go sourcing for eBay stock every week you might like this post about how I started my eBay business with anxiety
Personal – Monthly Goals for July
- Start working towards becoming healthier, eating, drink more water, exercise, make a plan!
- Make sure to read every day, as I have it planned out in my post 6 things to do before 8am to be more organised
- Dye hair, brown again my natural colour. Because I’ve dyed my hair so much overtime, when it’s very sunny it goes a funny brown-auburn colour.
Family – Monthly Goals for July
- Prepare for the summer holidays. What activities will we be doing, how will I fit it around work, extend my meal plans and shopping lists?
- Work out our new family budget, I tend to do this every 3 months, and its due this month.
- Make time for us as a family, I’ve been so busy with work, as has my husband we only seem to get a few short hours all together every now and then, so make more time!
- Take the rubbish piled up in the backyard to the tip. I keep meaning to do this, there’s a broken old wooden back gate, half a push bike (don’t ask!) and an armchair! Oops! The cat has claimed the armchair now has his sun lounger and will not be happy when we tip it. It broke and the fell to bits, so I put it outside about 3 weeks ago and there it has sat ever since!
I’m going to leave it there for this month because even though there isn’t much on this list, there are still a couple of bigs ones in there to achieve, the blog and eBay being 2 of them. Plus with the summer holiday fast approaching, I need to work out my new routines too. Plus I’m writing this on the 19th July, so I’ve got less than half the month to complete them.
For August onwards, I’m hoping to have my new goal setting system in place and will be posting my goals at the beginning of each month with a breakdown of what I achieved at the end of the same month. Fingers crossed.
Do you set monthly goals? Do you have a system in place that works well and you feel happy you are working towards your life goals each month. Id love to know, maybe you could pass on some tips!