We are part of the Amazon Associate program and other affiliates. This post may contain affiliate links, all links are blue, underlined and in italics; affiliate links will have a * (asterisks) next to them. I will only ever recommend products/services that we have used or are using and know will be of use to you too. If you click one of the affiliate links I will earn a discount or receive a payment.
10 Things You May Not Know About Me – Ok so in the interest of opening up a little, as well as sharing some facts about me that might help you get to know me a little better. I’ve decided to share 10 things that you may not know about me.
Even if we have already connected online and spent time chatting, then there might still be some facts that you don’t know about me, you never know!
Anyway, I hope that sharing this post and these facts that you get more of an insight into my life and who I am!
10 Things You May Not Know About Me
I’m in an age gap marriage (my husband is considerably older than me) and no I didn’t get with him for his money, we are as skint as each other lol. I got with him because I fell in love with him.
I was homeless for three days – then after that spent 3 months living with family, who clearly didn’t want me there, which was awkward, but I was grateful for the roof over my head.
I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and after a lot of hard work and counselling got it under control and survived it.
I live daily with the effects of anxiety. Some days are easier than others.
I first learnt to ride a motorbike, not drive a car. I rode a motorbike for almost 6 years before I had an urge to drive a car. I was 23 when I passed my car test and unfortunately, I’ve not owned a motorbike since, even though I now hold a full motorcycle licence! I do however love motorbikes, they are beautiful machines!
I’ve worked in more jobs than I care to admit too! I’ve never really felt as though I
- Don’t get me wrong there have been jobs I have stuck at longer than others. And some places I’ve worked at were great employers and did everything they could to make me feel welcome. My problem has always been, I’ve always had a massive urge to be self-employed and run my own business.
- So until I became self-employed a few years ago I never felt I was doing the right thing for me and my life. Now I`m self-employed I’m happier than I have ever been. Yes, its harder when you first start out financially, but for me, I was willing to go through this difficult period for the sake of my own sanity and
- Another point I think is important to make is having less money and security can affect some peoples sanity and happiness, so before you make any decisions of leaving employment to become self-employed, make sure it is absolutely the right decision for you and your circumstances.
I’ve dyed my hair almost every colour possible over the last 25 years. The only ones I’ve not tried is a rainbow or galaxy effect. Every other colour I’ve been!
I enjoy a bunch of hobbies. But I struggle to make the time to do them. This is something I’m hoping to change over the next year but I`ll have to see how successful my time management becomes.
- The hobbies I really enjoy are crafting. I love to mainly make things that are practical or for a special occasion but I also make things just to look pretty. I love baking but hardly ever get chance to. I also love entering competitions, again I just never seem to have the time.
Another hobby that I am in the process of turning into a business is eBaying. I have been eBaying on a personal account selling odds and ends for over 20 years. I’ve recently decided that because I love carbooting and visiting charity shops, as well as eBaying, why don’t I combine the two and try to build a little eBay business? So that’s the plan.
I really love movies and boxsets, again as above, with the hobbies, I do struggle to make time to watch as much as Id like to but I do set aside short pockets of time to indulge on certain programmes.
- A box set I can’t wait to get stuck into again is on Netflix, Grace & Frankie. Its a comedy and I`ve watched the previous 3 series, I think. I think I`ve missed a couple of series as we got rid of Netflix for a while, but since Netflix offered me another free trial I`ve rejoined them and fully intend on catching up with some series I’ve missed.
So that’s it for now, 10 things you may not know about me. I really hope that the above gives you a bit more off an insight into what is, my crazy little world lol. Does anything above surprise you? Shock you? I hope nothing shocks you! Should any further things spring to mind that I think you might like to know I’ll pop them in a little note and write another post in a few months, maybe? 🙂